This is the Environmental Report 1999, prepared for the U.S. Department of Energy by the Environmental Protection Department at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. The results of LLNL's environmental monitoring and compliance effort and an assessment of the impact of LLNL operations on the environment and the public are presented in this publication.
The report is divided into two volumes.
- Contains descriptive and explanatory text, along with tables and figures showing summary data and data trends over time. It includes all information of interest to most readers.
- Provides a detailed compilation of data.
The report sections below are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). These PDF files are best viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader/Exchange 3.0 or greater. The environmental reports for 1994 through 1999 can be accessed individually by section or in their entirety. Memory requirements are indicated.
Title page (PDF file, 32K)
Department of Energy Letter (PDF file, 36K)
Preface (PDF file, 32K)
Executive Summary (PDF file, 63K)
1. Site Overview (PDF file, 693K)
2. Compliance Summary (PDF file, 126K)
3. Environmental Program Information (PDF file, 189K)
4. Air Effluent Monitoring (PDF file, 252K)
5. Air Monitoring (PDF file, 284K)
6. Sewerable Water (PDF file, 473K)
7. Surface Water (PDF file, 378K)
8. Ground Water Investigation and Remediation (PDF file, 945K)
9. Ground Water Monitoring (PDF file, 378K)
10. Soil and Sediment Monitoring (PDF file, 252K)
11. Vegetation and Foodstuff Monitoring (PDF file, 95K)
12. Environmental Radiation Monitoring (PDF file, 252K)
13. Radiological Dose Assessment (PDF file, 189K)
14. Quality Assurance (PDF file, 95K)
Appendix A. Methods of Dose Calculations (PDF file, 63K)
Appendix B. Reports for Regulatory Agencies (PDF file, 32K)
Appendix C. Errata to 1997 and 1998 Environmental Reports (PDF file, 263K)
References (PDF file, 63K)
Glossary (PDF file, 63K)